Monday, September 2, 2013

September Update

So I am back to school for the first time in three years... It's a bit refreshing to be back in class as the autumn season approaches. This is my favorite time of year, and although I know I'll be EXTRA busy will all the projects I am committing myself to, its still really exciting.

I made the seemingly crazy choice to take three language classes at once (it feeds into my career field, and has been a life goal of mine for some time now), I am expanding my home/educational business, and I have several projects and gigs that overlap including a friend's wedding in late October and application deadlines for Grad schools (of which I am still researching and narrowing down) due by December 1st. If I disappear now and then between posts, you can imagine why!



Recently, at my school bookstore, I happened upon a discount book table... a deadly thing for a collector such as myself, and I purchased some promising books on cooking for a fraction of their selling price. This long weekend (having a few days off for a change) I cracked open one of them and was pleasantly surprised by the author...

If you could see my book collection, you would notice a number of books dedicated to diets and cooking. Everything from styles of cooking, baking and grilling, to particular flare such as Italian and Thai. But, alas, I am no cook.


(Photo Credit: sexualityinart.wordpress.com )
 
Every so often, with confident stride, I will try a new recipe... but beyond that my skills have been limited to such culinary delights as: cheese melted over tortilla chips & served with salsa, boxed Macaroni & cheese, and cereals. I do make a pretty mean salad, but even that isn't really imaginative most of the time.

However... upon reading this new book, I felt encouraged to cook in a way that I never have before. I haven't tried any of the recipes listed, or the skills described, I AM only a third of the way through... but reading this book has made me rethink my approach to food on a whole new scale. I finally feel like I have a place to start, and that makes me feel really excited.


 
(Photo Credit: insatiabear.wordpress.com )


I'm already excited about shopping for cookwear and digging in! Here's to a season of New skills & New Tastes to try! Wish me luck! I'll try to post photos and recipes as I go. ^_^

...Heck, maybe Sir will even Give-Me-A-Hand in the kitchen! ;)


 (Photo Credit: insatiabear.wordpress.com )


HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck on all your new endeavors!

    Taking part in another wedding caught my attention. Perhaps this time you'll get a spanking just prior to the event.

    Would still love to talk to you more about your last pre-wedding spanking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Enzo,

      No recipes to share just yet, but my schedule is still settling in for the season.

      I certainly HOPE I get a spanking before the next event, late October would be an awfully long time to reach before having one! ;) But I know what you meant... honestly, I don't think a "day of" spanking will be possible in this case. I have a feeling this will be a full-day-planned-out kind of event. Not much time to devote to anything else.

      What were you hoping to know about the pre-wedding spanking from before?

      ~Autumn

      Delete
    2. Delayed response as Blogger failed me again and did not notify me of your response. Regardless, I do hope you mange to fit in a minimum of 20 minutes into the upcoming wedding schedule for pre event spanking. Just the thought of a bridesmaid spanked, let alone in her dress; hours before the event is exciting.

      Delete
  2. Love the pics and love the outfits what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always pleased to meet new people. Please be kind and constructive with your input.